1/30/2006

Subversion, subversive

I really like to build my own packages. Call me crazy, but that's the way I live. Well, since yesterday, I was facing some segmentation faults with Subversion. That always happened when checkout out repositories through http. After a brief chat at freenode.net, I started to figure out the problem. Yes, linked libraries.

That's how I was configuring and building Subversion:



./configure --prefix=/usr --mandir=/usr/shared/man --sysconfdir=/etc --enable-shared --enable-static --enable-nls --disable-debug --enable-mod-activation --enable-swig-bindings=all --enable-dso --enable-javahl --with-jdk="$JAVA_HOME" --with-apr=/usr/bin/apr-1-config --with-apr-util=/usr/bin/apu-1-config --with-ssl --with-neon=/usr --with-apxs=/usr/sbin/apxs --with-berkeley-db=/usr/include/db4.4:/usr/lib/db4.4 --with-swig --with-zlib



When building with the a sole "./configure --prefix", suddenly everything worked fine. What the hell. However, ldd /usr/local/bin/svn and ldd /usr/bin/svn shed some light into the problem: the /usr/bin/svn wasn't linked to several libsvn_ra_*.so files. That was unexpected. So, I reduced the configure to:



./configure --prefix=/usr --mandir=/usr/shared/man --sysconfdir=/etc --with-apr=/usr/bin/apr-1-config --with-apr-util=/usr/bin/apu-1-config --with-neon=/usr --with-apxs=/usr/sbin/apxs



And now everything is working. I really couldn't understand what went wrong. The "--with-ssl" was mistakenly set in the first configure, it could be that. However, I'm way to tired to check that.

Build environment: gcc 4.0.2, libtool 1.5.22, binutils 2.16.1, neon 0.25.5, apr-util 1.2.2.

Comentários: Postar um comentário